CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Potty Training NIGHTMARE!


Okay so I mentioned in my other post about potty training Keira was a post all by itself so I thought I would talk about that. Okay so since she is now 3 1/2 years old I thought that it was time to try and potty train her. I thought I would try the "Dr. Phil" method of "Potty Training in 1 day" not actually thinking she would really be potty trained in 1 day but hoping she would at least go to the potty once through out the day. Anyway the day went something like this: I offered her all types of salty snacks so she would be more thirsty and I let her cart around a sippy cup of juice as well. I had pictures for her to color about potty training and we had stories to read about potty training. We called it "Potty Day" we even shipped out Nyah for the day so I could spend more time with just Keira, of course Jayda had to be there to eat. I also had starbursts and M&M's for her which she calls "yummy's" and "M's." We had a potty training doll to have her teach to go potty. The first time we had the doll go potty we threw the doll a party and then I asked her if she wanted to go potty so she sat on the potty and my thought was "well, so far so good" she didn't go so I thought I would try again in a little bit. I ran upstairs to get some water for the potty doll and when I came back down she had peed on the floor. We cleaned her up and later we where trying for the 2nd time and she sat on the potty and then got angry, throwing her potty chair at me and said "I done." So I got her down and the second we walked out of their she peed on the floor again. I was thinking at this point "little bugger." So by the end of the day she had peed on the floor 5 times and in the potty 0 times. I went and bought her a little potty seat, thinking that maybe if it's in the same room as her she would be more prone to go. So day 2, she sat on her seat which she loved and she didn't go which was fine she liked sitting there so that was good. Later she was playing on her seat and it had been like 2 hours since she had gone pee so I thought maybe if I turn a movie on and she sits there she will forget and just go. I was thinking that if she went just once she would like it and go. So the movie gets over and nothing so I thought okay one more couldn't hurt so we did one more movie and at the end still nothing, at that point it had been like 4 hours since she had gone pee so I did not want to let her get up cause I knew she had to go. I carried her on her potty seat to the bathroom, I turned on the water and tried tickling her bladder to see if she would go and she still wouldn't. Then it was time for lunch so she ate lunch on her potty seat, thus the picture that is her potty seat she is sitting on while eating lunch. I knew she had to go but her stubborness was coming out. After lunch I took her back down stairs, and now it's been like 5 hours since she had gone, I looked at her and her eyes where glazed over and she was running a fever so I wasn't gonna do potty training while she was sick so I let her put her diaper back on since she was sick and of course the second it was on she peed. Okay so then I read on the internet about potty training stubborn children (her all the way). So I did what it said which was to not ask her to go potty to let her decide when it was time to go all by herself so I did that and all she did was pee all over the floor and once she pooped on my moms floor. So this was over the span of a week and at that point I was at a loss I don't know what I am going to do with her. We put her back in diapers now and maybe we will try again in a few months. She is so stinking stubborn I can't believe her. She is the power struggle queen. So there ya have it the trauma of potty training the stubborn lol.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Are you sure you're not talking about Charlie? When you come up with a solution PLEASE let me know.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

P.S. I'm excited about your blog!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Cute blog!! Sorry about the potty training stuff!!I hope she catches on soon! Jayda is SO cute!

Elizabeth said...

We are potty training our two year old now too. Sometimes she goes when I put her feet in a bowl of warm water. I noticed that she pees when we put her in the tub, hence the idea with the warm water. My kids is stubborn too but little does she know I am more stubborn. lol

Challey said...

Paris has dabbled in the potty training, but I am still trying to recover from potty training Stratton 2 years ago. It just sucks. You know how you have those mommy things happen that are so not funny to you but hilarious when you tell them to other people? Well, I was laughing out loud about the potty seat at the table. One day (like 10 years down the road, maybe) you might laugh about it all too. But for now, I feel your pain, how many times can you clean up pee and stay sane? Let me know.
P.S. Love the blog!

The ZamFam said...

OK, so she is over here right now. She saw Kailee go to the bathroom....maybe it will help? She and K are playing with (toy) puppies and loving it!!! Too fun.