CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Keira's Birthday Party/Nyah's New School/Keira's First Day of School/Hair Class for Girls

Okay, so I have not done the best job about keeping this thing updated for the past few weeks, so now here I have my multiple title with lots of updates;

KEIRA'S BIRTHDAY PARTY
Keira had her first birthday party with friends this year, she was soo excited!We decked out our house to look like "Hello Kitty" blew up in there

This was her favorite part, the part she still to this day talks about, the "Hello Kitty" cake. She still carts around the cake topper like it's her best friend.
We had a few of her friends over where we made "Hello Kitty" bows, so here they are with there bows on to look like Hello Kitty.
They played pin the flower on the Hello Kitty picture. There was half the girls that said they didn't want to play this game, until one of the girls said they would play, if they didn't have to be blind-folded, then the rest where okay with playing it after that.
We had a pinata, which they LOVED, and they each got there own present to unwrap, each one was wrapped from like 1-7 times and they took turns taking the wrapping paper off until it was un-wrapped and that person got to keep it, they liked that too.
Of course, we can't forget the cake, the best part according to Keira, only no ice cream since she doesn't like it.
Then it was present time, she loved all her gifts, probably because most of them centered around Hello Kitty.

This was her big gift from mom and dad, she is always asking to ride her bike, she of course insists on all the padding and the helmet every time. Letting her ride her bike is seriously exhausting to whoever is involved. She can pedal, but not without pushing the brake several times and then she can't turn around so you have to be right there with her to stop her or she will just keep going.


NYAH'S NEW SCHOOL

So, Nyah had started school back at the end of July. Well, a couple of weeks ago we got a call from Channing Hall, which is a charter school we have been trying to get Nyah in since Kindergarten. For those of you unaware, a charter school is like a public school in the fact that it is free, however they have smaller class numbers, strict dress codes, and I feel just a better over all education. The hard part is, they are based on a lottery system and really hard to get into, due to so many applicants and limited space. They did there lottery for this year in March and we never heard from them so we just assumed that she didn't get in and continued on with the local public school. So, it was a surprise to hear from them at all at this point. They said that they thought they had the first grade full, but there ended up being a few spots open now that school had started up for them.
Ultimately, I figured it would be Nyah's decision, of course we wanted it but I didn't want to up root her from her friends at her current school. So, she got home from school that day, I sat her down and told her that this school called and wanted to know if she wanted to go there. Her reaction was to jump up and down excitedly and say "yes, yes, we have to call my school and tell them I am not coming back!" So that was it we enrolled her in the new school and had to go out to get her clothes for the dress code. It worked out cause I had already bought her clothes for this fall, however I had not taken tags off, still had receipts, and she had not worn them so we did a sort of exchange of clothes I guess. We had to keep some of the clothes for weekends and dresses for church of course but it worked out.
So far we LOVE this school, they are organized, they have school and class websites, I can even pay for her lunch online which is nice. Her teacher is so nice and she loves her. Also, this school incorporates Spanish in with their lessons, so we where happy about that. The only hard part is that there is no bus so now instead of sending her out the door to the bus, I have to take her to and from school. I did find out, though that my neighbors little girl also got in so we car pool with them and we trade off weeks so that is nice. So, here she is in her school clothes ready for her new school.
We decided to take a picture of Keira on her first day of preschool this year, granted it's at grandma's house. She really likes preschool, it's taught by my aunt Robynn, all the kids call her "Miss Robynn" except for Keira who calls her "preschool" she is a crack up. It will be nice for her to be in a more structured environment I think, now if only she will listen to use when we tell her things that need to be done. (ha, ha fat chance).
So, I threw this picture in here since there wasn't any pictures of Jayda in this post, I didn't want to leave her out. This is how I found her the other day, I had been getting Nyah out the door to school and had her playing in her room while I did that. Well, on her changing table is all her blankets folded up. She pulled a bunch of them out and apparently fell asleep on them, I thought it was so cute.

HAIR CLASS FOR GIRLS

So, my moms ward had a super Saturday for their enrichment and my mom signed me up to teach a class on little girls hair apparently she thinks I am an expert. No, not an expert just lots of experience with girls. So I did my girls hair in tons of different hair styles and took pictures, then I put together some packets full of tips, websites, and photos. Then I showed them some ways I organize there hair things, the products I use, and I showed them some basics on hair do's. I got most of my ideas though from websites so I really can't take credit, I am really not that creative I will see the hair styles and just copy what I see, whether from a little girl at church, or at a store, or on a blog/website. Anyway, here is just a few of the hairstyles I did, I guess it's just something I enjoy, which I don't know why cause it involves a lot of screaming on my girls part, of course they scream whether I just simply brush their hair out or do something super cute, so I figure if I am gonna have to endure the screaming it may as well be something super cute right.



So, there is our update, we have been so busy lately with Nyah's new school and taking her to and from school and then of course we have started dance and gymnastics. So, I have turned into a chauffeur, taking the girls wherever they need to go.














9 comments:

Karri Warren said...

Wow, I love reading your blog. It makes me feel that much closer to home. I miss your girls SO MUCH! All 3 of them are so much fun! I love My's randomness, Ki's vain personality (which Kaija is TOTALLY picking up on) and Jayda's odd sense of cuteness that she seems to make up as she goes.:) Give them all hugs and kisses for me. I love you guys!!!

The "O" Clan said...

How funny! That is the school I taught at for the past 2 years...and I taught 1st grade! Who does she have as a teacher? If I was still teaching, I could have been her teacher!

Robinson Family said...

Sounds like you are way busy. Your girls hair is so cute! I hope we get a girl someday so I can do her hair. Boys are fun to though and not much maintenance!

Nichole said...

Cute girls...cute hair do's!!! Love the Bday party!

I thought I'd reply to your comment on your blog in case you don't come back to check at mine. I amsorry to hear about your preschool not moving forward...but like you said it gives you more time with your girls...Heavenly Father always knows what is best. Maybe this is just not the season. But save your stuff because when your girls are older it just might work then! You would be a great teacher!

Shannon said...

You are SO cute! You throw cute parties and you do cute hair.

Anonymous said...

Very cute hair!
I use Photoshop CS3. I LOVE it. I took a class on how to use it though. There's a ton of stuff on it. It's pricey but so worth it! Good Luck!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Hey looks like things are going well for you guys! The party looks awesome. Can I give you kudos for those hair styles and I want to know how you did the one in the middle. I have done the braid one on Sydney's hair before but how did you do the other one? It is so super cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! YOu totally don't need to pay me. Just e-mail the pics and I will do it for you. You're funny! Just tell me exactly what you want!

Anonymous said...

melissa_rydman@hotmail.com or draper_2001@yahoo.com
Have fun on your trip!