CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back To School

I just LOVE the fall.  Maybe it’s just the change of seasons.  I always get excited when the seasons change.  What do I love about FALL?  There seems to be a crispness to the air.  It is COOLER so you don’t feel so blasted hot.  I love to see all the COLORS.  The reds, oranges, browns, and yellows.  It makes me want to have a HUGE tree with TONS leaves on it that fall to the ground so that we can PLAY  in them.  I remember playing in the leaves when I was younger.  It was so FUNI don’t think my kids have ever experienced that.  Most likely because we don’t have any big trees.  The trees we do have are barely surviving, seeing as I am not much of a “green thumb.”  Maybe we will just have to find a park with a BIG tree.  I love seeing all the SCHOOL SUPPLIES out this time of year.  It makes me want to buy some.  Even if I don’t need them.  It makes me want to have a “bouquet of newly sharpened PENCILS” out to display.  It sort of feels like a “new beginning.”  It makes me want to start new GOALS.  To start new routines with the kids.  The only other time I feel like this is during the new year.  It’s like starting FRESH.  Like starting something new.   

The girls all started SCHOOL.  They LOVE it.  They are in 4th grade, 1st grade, and preschool.  They all LOVE their teachers.  So do I.  We always worry about Keira but her teacher has been FABULOUS!    It has been a tough transition with that child.  It usually is.  We are still LEARNING what will work well for her.  Just thinking about getting this child into a routine gives me a headache.  On her first day.  It took her about 1 1/2 hours just to accomplish eating BREAKFAST.  It’s been 5 weeks now.  Today it took her an hour to make her bed and to eat breakfast.  We have PROGRESS.  Not all the days are bad.  Some of them are GOOD.  Some days she can make her BED, EAT, and GET DRESSED in 45 minutes!  Nyah’s teacher is new to the teaching world.  It’s kind of fun watching her figure it all out.  Right now she is super SWEET.  I am guessing that she will figure out how to be firm.  Which 4th graders really need.  Yes, of course it should be FUN, with laughing and friends.  But, there is a TIME and a PLACE for all the fun.  They need teachers that won’t put up with their shenanigans.  Which, with a class full of 9 year olds, there is a lot of shenanigans!  Her teacher said she is very CREATIVE.  She likes to think out of the BOX.  However she doesn’t seem to be creative at the APPROPRIATE times.  I think a good nickname for her is WINNIE THE POOH.  She is my little day dreamer.  Always thinking of a new PROJECT.  She is definitely a RIGHT brain type of thinker.  Jayda LOVES school.  She loves her TEACHER.  Her teacher loves her to.  She ALWAYS  gives her hugs.  Every time she goes.  She goes 2 days a week.  She SKIPS into class each time.  She is going to be my POPULAR girl.  She always has friends everywhere she goes.  The KIDS love her.  She is so SWEET with them all.  If only we could get her to be the same way with her BROTHER.  She has a devious little STREAK.  She is just like her DADDY.  He loves to TEASE.  Likes to make the girls SCREAM.  Sometimes I have to get after him for making them scream.  I have to get AFTER her to.
We have been enjoying our structure.  Getting back into a ROUTINE.  I don’t love GETTING into the routine.  I like being on a routine.  Even if that means getting up EARLY.  I am not a big fan of that.  I like my SLEEP.  I am excited for the cooler and CRISP air.  For the BEAUTIFUL colors.  It makes me EXCITED to go pick out PUMPKINS.  And Halloween COSTUMES.   



Love, 
ME

No comments: